Monday, April 13, 2009

Time keeps on slipping into the future...

and closer to teacher training. EEks!!! My time away was much needed. Hence, my anxiety has subsided. Southern Utah must be one of the most fabulous places on earth, really truly. It was captivating enough to kidnap my yoga-obsessed mind for an entire week, with dialogue in tact upon return.

This morning I took my first class in a week and I was tight as to be expected. I know that some people are taking doubles and really pushing their practice to prepare for training. I am actually taking the opposite approach. I DO take class every day (except when hiking around Utah) but my practice has become increasingly more conservative. Don't get me wrong, my practice is strong, but I know where I can and have hurt myself and I plan not to do that in training. So, I am practicing my sustainable but strong practice. Everything changes... but I am finding a lot of progress where I never expected to with this approach. For example, my hamstrings are REALLY tight, so I have not been kicking out in standing-head-to-knee, or pushing other postures that may strain my hamstrings. What I have been doing is really exaggerating backward bends such as camel and I have been feeling so much opening in my pelvis, more then ever before.

I love all of the "little things" that progress in this practice. I always say that this is my litmus test for my body, soul and spirit. It is a constant from which to measure the inconsistencies (me, life, etc.)

Tomorrow is my last day in Utah, this time is over. I leave for San Francisco tomorrow where I will meet with friends and deal with the storage unit. I am getting rid of everything. It seems a fitting time.

Everything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment